Nebraska Family History Societies(Statewide)
This section lists the state-wide associations from Eastern to Southwest giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Statewide and Regional Societies
Eastern Nebraska Genealogical Society
The society was established in 1972.
The Counties of Butler(Only Census and Marriages), Colfax, Cuming, Dodge, Saunders and Washington are covered by the Society.
Many archives are accessible in their library, located in the basement of Claire Mares Home at 1722 East 19 Fremont, NE, which include some Dodge County Church Records, Marriages, the IGI on Microfiche and Naturalisations.
Many databases are available on the site, which include Tombstone Inscriptions, Early Marriages 1856-1877 and Declaration of Intent Requests.
Databases also incorporate Naturalisations, which incorporate:
- Vol. A - DI 1880-1887
- Vol. B - DI 1882-1903
- Vol. C - DI & FP 1875; 1890-1903
- Vol. D - DI 1903-1906
- Vol. E - DI & FP 1904-1906
Back Issues of their Newsletter are also available covering 1998-2008.
Nebraska State Genealogical Society
The association has an extensive Book
Collection which is located at the Beatrice Public Library, 100 North 16th St,
Beatrice, NE 68310.
Photographs of tombstones in some cemeteries are available. They are indexed by surname for each Cemetery
and also by County.
Publications available for sale include:
- Births, Marriages and deaths mentioned in newspapers
- Death Abstracts
- Early Pioneers of Nebraska
- Marriage Records
- Newspaper Abstracts and Clippings
- Obituary Indexes
- Probate Index
Nebraska State Historical Society
The association has an extensive
collection of resources, which incorporate:
- Cemetery Records
- City Directories
- Plat Books
- Prison Records
- Telephone Directories
- Tract Books
An on-line catalogue is also available on the site.
Southwest Nebraska Genealogical Society
The association has a Library where
an extensive collection of archives are available, including:
- Cemetery Transcripts 1878-1978
- Land Owners in 1905
- Marriages 1872-1972
- McCook Daily Gazette Records
- McCook's Business Directories 1886 and 1926-27
- Newspaper Abstracts
- Pioneer Families
- Red Willow Co. Atlas 1958
- School Census
Many databases are accessible, which include:
- 1886-1900 School Census Returns
- Carpenter Funeral Home Index 1890-1910
- Cemetery Indexes
- Census Indexes
- Civil War Soldier Ancestors
- Court Abstracts
- High School Graduates
- Landowners in 1905
- Marriages 1874-1900
- Patriot Ancestors
- Probate Records
Many publications are sold by the society, which incorporate:
- 1905 Red Willow Co. Farmland Owners
- 1907 Hayes Co. Farmland Owners
- Bartley NE Cemetery Book
- McCook Funeral Home Register Records 1891-1910
- Red Willow Co. 1890 Census Military Veterans and Widows
Family Tree Resources
Other Family History Societies
Nebraska Family History Societies (Statewide)