Huntingdonshire Family History Society
Huntingdonshire Family History Society was established in 1985, its aim being to help people learn more about their genealogy.
They can assist you with your genealogical research so you can discover your ancestors.
Huntingdonshire became part of a larger Cambridgeshire due to the county reorganisation in 1974. Information about the parishes of Huntingdonshire is available on the site.
Mrs Caroline Kesseler
The Society's large collection of books is available on a reference only basis in Huntingdon Public Library.
Whilst the Society cannot undertake extensive research for its members, it may be able to suggest professional genealogists who have knowledge of the local area.
They can, however, conduct searches of the Huntingdonshire Strays Index, but you must be a member to take advantage of this service.
Many publications are available for sale, which include:
- Baptism Indexes 1538-1900
- Bluntisham Nonconformist Meeting Books 1786-1940
- Burial Indexes 1538-1700, 1538-1800, 1538-1837, 1701-1800, 1801-1837
- Census Returns
- Hatfield Gazetteer and Directory of Huntingdonshire 1854
- Hearth Tax 1664
- Huntingdonshire and Cambridgeshire Quaker Births 1631-1837, Marriages 1657-1837, Deaths and Burials 1655-1837
- Huntingdonshire Cyclist Battalion Index
- Huntingdonshire Strays
- Local Interest Books
- Marriage Indexes 1538-1837
- Memorial Inscriptions
- Parish Register Transcriptions 1538-2003
- St Ives Union Workhouse Births and Deaths 1836-1913
- St Ives Wesleyan Methodist Circuit Baptisms 1837-1980
- St Neots Union Workhouse Births and Deaths 1913-1952
- Union Workhouse Births & Deaths