Tennessee Family History Societies(V-Z)
This section lists associations from Vonore to Weakley giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and other Societies
Vonore Historical Society
Their aim is to document the heritage of Vonore and the surrounding area.
Publications sold by the society include:
- Biereley-Hale Funeral Home Books 1937-1967 and 1968-2003
- Cherokee Co. 1870 Census
- Deeds 1819-1837
- Deeds Books 1852-1858(Part of 'O' and all of 'P') for Monroe Co.
- Dog Registry 1901-1908
- Loudon Co. 1880 Census
Volumes available also include:
- Marriages 1838-1890 and 1891-1925
- Minute Book Volume I 1858-1875
- Minute Book Volume II 1875-1888
- Monroe Co. Cemeteries
- Monroe Co. Census Returns 1850-1930(Excludes 1890)
- Vital Statistics 1908-1912 and 1914-1925
- Vonore Families: Yesterday and Today
- Wills 1824-1945
- WWI Military Discharges
A list of places to visit in Vonore is also accessible.
Watauga Association of Genealogists
Numerous publications are available for sale, which comprise:
- Back Issues of WAGS Bulletins
- Cemetery Transcriptions
- Connection in East Tennessee - Olga Jones Edwards and Izora Waters Frizzell
- Dugger Family - Frances D. Rowan
- Elisha Wallen: The Longhunter - Carolyn D. Wallin
- History Books
- Johnson Co. Census Returns 1870-1920(Excludes 1890)
- Keepsakes for the Heart - Amelia Townsend
- Military History Books
- Subject Index of WAGS Bulletins 1972-2001
- Tennessee Bible and Family Records 1796-1996
- Unicoi Co. Cemeteries
- Washington Co. Marriages 1871-1899
For a full list of Books, please visit their site.
A list of links to other sites you may find useful are also accessible.
Wayne County Historical Society
The society was established in 1970, its aim being to preserve and record the history of the area.
Many publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- Back Issues of the Wayne Co. Historian
- Bible Records
- History and Families
- Korean War Veterans
- Wayne County Historian 1988-2000 (Some volumes are out of print)
- Wills and Letters Of Administration 1848-1920
- World War I Veterans
- World War II Veterans
Weakley County Historical and Genealogical Society
The society was established in 1978, its aim being to collect, preserve and share archives relating to the county's history.
Numerous publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- Back Issues of Forget-Me-Not, their quarterly publication
- Cemetery TranscriptionsMartin High School - The Passing of an Era
- Family History Book: includes photographs, maps and illustrations
- Marriages 1843-1886
- People and Places of Downtown Martin
- They Served the Flag: The Second World War Veterans of Weakley Co.
- Weakley Co. 1880 Census
- Weakley Co. Schools
- Weakley Remembered Volumes 1-4