Tennessee Family History Societies(G-K)
This section lists associations from Giles to Hancock giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and Other Societies
Giles County Historical Society
The Society is situated in the Main Pulaski Public Library.
Grundy County Historical Society
The association was established more than 25 years ago by women wishing to preserve the history of Grundy County.
Many Photographs are accessible, which incorporate:
- Bonnie Oaks Cemetery Sign
- Coalmont Church
- Coalmont Methodist Church
- Fiery Gizzard
- Foster Falls
- Greeter Falls
- Tracy Lake
- Wildlife in Grundy Co.
Links to other sites you may find of use are also accessible.
Numerous publications are sold by the society, which include
- Beersheba Springs: A History Vols. I-III
- Cemetery Transcriptions
- Dad’s Railroad - Mary Priestley
- Episcopal Church Records
- Family History of Flury
- Family Portraits
- Grundy County - James L. Nicholson
- The Heritage of Grundy County
A full of publications available for sale is on the site.
Hamilton County Genealogy Society
The association was established in 2001 by genealogists who wished to share their knowledge of the area. Anyone with an interest in the region's past is welcome to join the association.
Numerous databases and information is on their site, which include Bible Records, Biographies,
Cemeteries of the area along with Location Maps and Census Transcripts.
Databases and information also incorporate:
- 1913 and 1914 Chattanooga City Deaths
- Church Histories
- Court Records
- Early Hamilton Co. Weddings
- Hamilton Co. Marriages 1857-1919
- Hamilton Co. Wills
- Index to Tennessee State Death Certificates 1908-1912, 1914-1932 and 1949-1960
- James Co. Weddings 1913-1919
- Marriage Licence Images
- Newspaper Articles
- Submitted Weddings
- Tombstone Photos
Many publications are sold by the society, which incorporate:
- 1837 TN Volunteers: Muster Rolls from Various Counties
- 1904 Biography and Achievements of the Coloured Citizens of Chattanooga
- The Chattanooga Daily Rebel from 28 June 1863
- Confederate Soldiers of Hamilton Co. Complete Details and Surname Index
Surname Indexes for sale also include:
- 1860 and 1880 Census Returns
- Abstracts of Ocoee District Early Land Records
- Along the Pike - The History of Walden's Ridge Along Anderson Pike
- Marriage Books 1853-1870, 1864-1874 and 1874-1880
- Roster of CSA Soldiers buried in Chattanooga
- Will Book I covering 1862-1892
Hancock County Historical and Genealogical Society
Many publications are available for sale, which
incorporate Hancock Co. and It's People Volumes 1-3 and the Hancock Co. Pictorial
Links to other sites you may find of use are also available.