Pennsylvania Family History Societies(C)
This section lists associations from Clearfield to Cumberland giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and Other Societies
Clearfield County Historical Society and Museum
Many documents can be accessed in their Research Library, which incorporate:
- 12 Volumes of 'Engle's Notes and Queries'
- 20 Volumes of 'Pearce and Related Families'.
- Bates' 'History of Pennsylvania Volunteers'
- Census Returns
- Centre Co. Deaths 1889-1920
- Centre Co. Marriages 1800-1885
- City Directories
- Clearfield Atlas
Archives also include:
- Early Deaths
- Early Marriages
- High School Yearbooks
- Naturalisation References
- Surname Files
- Telephone Directories
Clinton County Genealogical Society
A list of Clinton Co. Cemeteries is available on the site, along with a list of Newspapers from 1838 to the Present.
Numerous publications are available for sale, which comprise:
- 1862 Clinton Co. Atlas
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Church Registers
- Civil War Trilogy
- DAR Records
- Divorces 1867-1993
- Marriages 1885-2003
- Mortality Schedules
- Naturalisations 1839-1982
- Wills 1839-1994
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is also on the site.
Columbia County Historical and Genealogical Society
The association has an extensive Photograph Collection. Numerous databases are on the site, which include the People, Places and Events Database which has over 40000 References to Reference Books, Pamphlets, Scrapbooks, Church Registers and Family Histories.
It is also possible to use their Name Database to search the association's six name oriented databases at once, which comprise:
- Death Notices and Burials
- Land Records
- Marriage Notices
- Surname Index to CHH&GS Genealogy Files
- WWI Drafts
Many publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- Cemetery Books
- The Dr. Montgomery Receipts
- History of Madison Township
- Pioneer Families of Northern Columbia Co.: Articles by Kenneth Yocum and Others
- Vintage Photographs 1870-1920
Cranberry Genealogy Club
The Club has transcribed all known Cemeteries in Cranberry Township and it is possible to order the book Cemetery Survey of Cranberry Township from them.
Cumberland County Historical Society
Many archives can be accessed in their Library, which comprise:
- Federal Census Returns and Indexes
- Historical Documents
- History of the Pennsylvania Volunteers 1861-1865
- Septennial Tax Lists for Cumberland Co. 1793, 1800, 1807, 1821, 1828, 1842, 1849, 1856, 1863 and 1870
The following resources are also accessible:
- Database Index to Church and Cemetery Registers located at the association
- Genealogy Surname Files
- Information about Carlisle Indian Industrial School
- Periodicals and Newspapers
- Published and Unpublished Genealogies