Ohio Family History Societies(F-G)
This section lists associations from Fayette to Greene giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and other Societies
Fayette County Genealogical Society
Many publications are sold by the society, which include:
- Abstracts from Scrapbooks
- Births 1896-1908
- Chancery and Common Pleas Court Records 1828-1878
- Early Minute Books 1817-1841
- Graveyard Plat Book
- Jefferson Township School Registers 1870-1892(4 Volumes)
- Tombstone Inscriptions
- Washington Graveyard Interment Records 1877-1953
- Weddings 1810-1939(7 Volumes)
Florida Genealogical Society
The association was established in 1984 and is a chapter of Ohio Genealogical Society.
Their aims are to encourage membership in the association and to preserve, collect and publish historical materials relating to Ohio and to make them available for genealogical research.
It does not currently have a Library, but it is heavily involved in the maintenance and expansion of genealogical materials in the three Defiance County Libraries.
An Index of Florida Obituaries is accessible and a list of surnames currently being researched by members is also available.
Many Family History Stories are available to download, including:
- Augustine and Wilhelmina Sauerman Thoma
- Eckenroth Family of Wachenheim
- From Kleynbeeter to Kleinpeter to Klinepeter to Kline
- A Good Citizen - John Bartson
- My Favourite Ancestor - Mary Martha Petty Hayes
It is also possible to download OGSFL Chapter Documents, which include FL OGS 30th Anniversary Booklet, OGS FL By-Laws 2012 Revision and OGS FL Standing Rules 2013 Revision.
Franklin County Genealogical and Historical Society
Numerous Cemetery Transcripts are on the site, which include details about the Cemetery and a Search Facility.
Many publications are sold by the society, which incorporate:
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Census Returns
- Centennial Biographical History of the City of Columbus and Franklin County 1901
- Court Records Chancery Books 1823-1850(3 Volumes)
- The First Regular and Other Baptist Churches of Central Ohio
- Franklin Co. Historical Atlas
- Franklin Co. History
- Franklin Co. Plat Maps Index
- History of Madison Township
- Order Books 1816-1839(8 Volumes)
- Plat Maps
- Supreme Court Records 1783-1839
- Will and Estate Settlements 1805-1831
- Wills 1803-1886(5 Volumes)
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is also available.
Greater Loveland Historical Society
Many resources are available in The C. Roger Nisbet Library, which incorporate:
- Loveland Herald Newspapers
- Loveland High School Annuals
- Other items related to Clermont, Hamilton and Warren Counties
Greene County Genealogical Society
Numerous databases are on their site, which incorporate:
- 1900, 1910 and 1920 Federal Census Returns (Indexes)
- Application for Admission Ohio Soldiers and Sailors Orphans Home
- Births 1869-1909
- Historical Files
- Revolutionary War Veterans
Many publications are available for sale, which comprise:
- Cemetery Inscriptions
- Census Indexes
- Greene Co. Revolutionary War Ancestors
- Riddell's Greene Co. Atlas of 1896
- Weddings 1803-1840