Nebraska Family History Societies(A-C)
This section lists regional associations from Adams Historical to Chase giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Adams County Historical Society
The aim of the society is to preserve the heritage of Adams County, Nebraska.
To this end, they collect photographs, artefacts and videos relating to the history of the area, maintain an archive, and educate young people learning about their heritage.
The association has transcribed records of Adams Co. Cemeteries and the society is willing to check in their index following payment of a fee per surname.
A list of Cemeteries is on the site.
Records available in their Archive include:
- Census Records
- Church Registers
- Hastings City Directories
- Marriage Licences Index
- Newspaper Index
- Obituary Index
- School Records
- Tombstone Transcriptions from all Cemteries in the County
Many publications are sold by the society, which include:
- Adams County: A Pictorial History (Jeff O'Donnell)
- Adams County: Historic Buildings Survey
- Connections to the Past (Elizabeth Spilinek)
- The Life and Times of Mary Wikoff Oliver 1861-1896 (Julie Claydon)
- Roseland 1887-1987
- Tales from the Prairie (Dorothy Weyer Creigh)
- Then and Now: Hastings (Elizabeth Spilinek)
- U.S. Naval Ammunition Depot (Walt Miller)
Buffalo County Historical Society
Many resources are available in their Archives, which incorporate:
- Buffalo Co. Register of Deaths 1917-1918
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Family Histories
- Kearney Poll Books 1875, 1876 & 1878
- Kearney Register of Voters 1889
- Marriages from 1872
- Probate Records from 1872
- School Census Records
Cass County Historical Society
Many archives are
available at their museum. The museum has resources relating to Cass Co. history from 1854, when it was first settled.
- Biographical Album of Otoe and Cass County 1889
- Cass County Tribune October 1895 - April 1897
- Census Returns
- The History of Plattsmouth 1853-1900
- Nehawka Enterprise 2 July 1931 - 26 June 1952
- Plattsmouth City Directories
- Plattsmouth Daily Herald 9 March 1883 to 9 March 1888
- Telephone Directories
- Town Histories
Chase County, Nebraska Historical Society
The association was established in
1938. Numerous databases are
available, which incorporate:
- Cemetery Lists(Some Indexed)
- Early Settlers
- List of Churches
They also have Genealogical Information taken from Headstones, Newspapers and other Records which has been compiled by Kermit Karns of Imperial, Nebraska.
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is also accessible. A Mailing List, hosted by Rootsweb, is also available.