Michigan Family History Societies(N-S)
This section lists county associations from Northville to Sanilac giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and other Societies
Northville Genealogical Society
The society was established on 24 June 1987.
It serves Northville, Canton, Livonia, New Hudson, Novi, Plymouth, South Lyon, Walled Lake, Westland and Wixom.
Many resources are available on the site, which incorporate Obituaries and Cemetery Indexes.
It is also possible to access the 1827 Plymouth Tax Rolls.
A link to Northville Historic Records site is also accessible, including:
- Genealogy Resources
- Newspaper Archives 1869-2011
- Northville High School Palladiums: Yearbooks 1920-2012
- Northville Township Archives Scrapbooks 1971-1996
Oakland County Genealogical Society
The association was established in 1977. Many resources are available in their library. It is possible to peruse an on-line catalogue of these archives on the site.
Numerous indexes are accessible, which incorporate:
- 1884, 1890 and 1894 Brandon Township Assessment Rolls
- 1884, 1890 and 1894 Orion Township Assessment Rolls
- 1886 and 1891 Avon Township Assessment Rolls
- Addendum to Oak Hill Cemetery (Older Sections) 1822-1991
- Volumes 1-30 of their quarterly publication Acorns to Oaks
Numerous publications are also available for sale, which incorporate:
- 1850 and 1860 Mortality Schedules for Michigan
- 1860 Federal Census
- Cemetery Records
- Divorce Records for Oakland Co. 1839-1865
- First Oakland Co. Landowners
- Harper Mulligan Funeral Home Books
- Marriage Returns for Oakland Co. 1836-1884
- Naturalisations for Oakland Co. 1827-1906
- Oakland Co. Mortality Schedule
St. Clair County Family History Group
Many publications are available for sale, including:
- Births 1867-1874
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Funeral Home Books
- Marriage Registers
- Naturalisations from 1854
- St Clair Co. 1845 Census Index
- St Clair Co. 1870 Federal Census Index
Sanilac County Genealogical Society
Many archives are accessible, which include a History and Pastoral Listing of Argyle United Methodist, Methodist Marriages 1913-1951, Baptist Marriages and Selected Marriage Records.
The association has transcribed and indexed the Sanilac Co. 1870 Federal Census and Marriages 1849-1912.
They are in the process of transcribing and indexing the 1894 Michigan State Census for the area.
Numerous publications are available for sale, which include:
- 1890 Census Substitute for Lexington, Sanilac and Worth Townships
- 1894 State Census for Buel, Elk, Flynn, Bridgehampton, Custer, Elmer, Argyle, Austin, Delaware and Evergreen
- Births 1867-1879
- Deaths 1889-1899
- Marriage Index 1849-1920
- Marriages 1870-1885
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is also accessible.